After the approval of the June debt exclusion vote, the project entered the Detailed Design phase. During this year long phase, the project team will continue to move the project forward and exact details of the design and construction logistics will be developed. The Detailed Design Phase includes three parts: Design Development, Construction Documentation, and Bidding.
As part of the process, a revised project estimate was performed, revealing a gap of $29.5 million between the design development estimate and the approved project budget.
Over the next month, the Building Committee will be discussing both value engineering decisions and design modifications to stay within the approved budget.
- After latest estimate, Committee taking action
- Blog: Detailed Design Overview
- Blog: What is Value Engineering?
- Design Development documents will be submitted to the MSBA in the coming weeks
- Site pre-work is expected to begin in February 2020 and construction in October 2020.
Tell me more:
- Consigli Construction selected as Construction Manager
- Phasing diagrams (as of 10/30/19)
- Construction timeline and grade comparison (as of 10/30/19)