Arlington High School has received many top honors for its educational program. However, the facilities limit the ability to deliver a 21st century education:
- Current building cannot accommodate anticipated enrollment
- >30% of classrooms are inadequate, including science labs
- School received ‘Warning’ accreditation status from NEASC
- Building infrastructure has a critical need for modernization
7-9pm, Arlington Town Hall
Get up to speed with the AHS Building Project and let the Building Committee know what you think!
The Building Committee will be submitting the Preferred Schematic Design Option for the new/rebuilt high school in July and is seeking community input.
- HMFH Architects will present more details about the four design options
- MSBA process and decisions to-date will be reviewed
- The Building Committee will outline criteria for choosing the preferred design
- Feedback will be gathered for future Building Committee decisions
On April 10, the AHS Building Committee selected four preliminary concepts to explore further: two renovation/addition options and two all new construction options.. Read more about this decision.
Can’t attend? A forum recap and feedback form will be available by June 7th. View summaries of winter/spring 2018 forums here.