Project Status: 5/1/22
WHAT SPACES HAVE OPENED?
The Performing Arts and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics) wings are now open.
- 21 classrooms and 17 science labs
- 6,500 square feet of interdisciplinary makerspaces
- Dedicated band and chorus rooms, 8 practice rooms and a digital production studio
- 120 seat Discourse Lab with technology for a variety of teaching and learning modes
- 826 seat Auditorium with 50’ fly loft and greenroom
WHAT’S HAPPENING NEXT?
Construction of the complex, four phase project began in October 2020 and is anticipated to be completed in May 2025.
- Phase 2 (March 2022 – September 2023): central spine, forum stairs, cafeteria, library, humanities classroom wing, learning courtyard, District Admin/Preschool wing.
- Phase 3 (September 2023 – September 2024): Athletics wing, black box theater, outdoor amphitheater.
- Phase 4 (September 2024 – May 2025): two additional multi-use, synthetic turf athletic fields, plus landscaping and connection to Minuteman Bikeway.
Arlington is partnering with the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) to receive state funding for a significant portion of the project.
Have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.