At the February 5 meeting, the Building Committee voted unanimously on a proposed project budget of $291M, a $17M reduction from the preliminary estimate of $308M last summer. The final budget was determined after a series of meetings and discussion about Value Engineering items that could be removed from the project.
- HMFH Architects will submit the Schematic Design to the MSBA later this month.
- MSBA will review the submission to determine the reimbursement grant from the MSBA and Arlington’s financial share of the project in mid-April
- Once the Schematic Design is approved, Arlington voters must approve a debt exclusion to pay for Arlington’s share of the project. A June 11 special election is scheduled.
Tell me more:
- Blog: High School Benchmarks: We are not alone
- January Cost forum online
- Blog: Parmenter School Analysis
- Blog: Menotomy Preschool’s role in the district