At the Building Committee’s 10/2, 10/16 and 11/6 meetings, HMFH Architects presented initial design concepts for the front green, exterior facade, central spine and historic reuse. The Building Committee voted to move the auditorium wing back to achieve an 80′ setback from Mass. Ave. along the entire front of the new building. All designs presented to-date are early concepts and no decisions have been made. Community feedback will be sought at the Nov. 27 public forum (7pm, Town Hall).
In addition, the AHS Building Project has been accepted into the Accelerate Performance program, a U.S. Department of Energy funded initiative that will provide the project with assistance in designing a building to meet our net-zero sustainability goals.
- HMFH Presentations
- Accelerate Performance
- HMFH Architects continue to work on design concepts for the site, exterior facade and interior layout
- Community forums during the fall and winter will gather additional feedback
- The Building Committee will select the exterior design concept in early December
- Arlington will submit the Schematic Design to MSBA in March 2019
- MSBA will review the submission to determine the reimbursement grant from the MSBA and Arlington’s financial share of the project in mid-April
- Once the Schematic Design is approved, Arlington voters must approve a debt exclusion to pay for Arlington’s share of the project. A June special election is anticipated.
Tell me more:
- Arlington’s participation in the Accelerate Performance program
- Blog: Schematic Design phase overview