On August 29, the MSBA (Mass. School Building Authority) voted to move the project to the next step in the process – the Schematic Design phase.
- Arlington’s announcement about the milestone
- MSBA letter to Arlington
- Ponderings Blog: Schematic Design Overview
- HMFH Architects will further refine the design
- Community forums during the fall and winter will gather additional feedback
- Arlington will submit the Schematic Design to MSBA in March 2019
- MSBA will review the submission to determine the reimbursement grant from the MSBA and Arlington’s financial share of the project
- Once the Schematic Design is approved, Arlington voters must approve a debt exclusion to pay for Arlington’s share of the project. A June special election is anticipated.
Tell me more:
- Arlington’s Preliminary Schematic Report (PSR) submitted to the MSBA in July 2018
- MSBA announcement from August 29, 2018