Menotomy Preschool, currently located at the high school, will be temporarily relocated to the former Parmenter School building during construction of the new high school. It is anticipated that the preschool will move to the Parmenter School in late summer. The preschool will return to the new high school after it is completed.
Menotomy Preschool is Arlington’s public preschool and provides state and federally mandated inclusion-based education for Arlington’s preschool students who require special education services. The school serves over 150 special education and general education students.
Located at 17 Irving Street, the Parmenter School will require renovation in order to accommodate the preschool. The majority of the work required to outfit the building is the addition of an elevator to ensure full accessibility. Work will take place from March to August 2020 and will be performed by the AHS Building Project partner team. Arlington Children’s Center (ACC), a current and long-term tenant of the Parmenter School, will remain at the facility.
- Parmenter School monthly Construction Updates
- The Town of Arlington’s Projects page provides updates to neighbors and abutters (construction schedule details, deliveries, parking changes and more)
- COVID-19 Update – March 27, 2020
- Menotomy Preschool website
- Ponderings Blog: Menotomy Preschool’s role in the district
- Ponderings Blog: Menotomy Preschool’s new home at Parmenter