On June 26, 2018 the AHS Building Committee voted to present option 3a to the MSBA as the Preferred Design Concept for the new Arlington High School. This vote followed a great deal of discussion concerning educational value, cost, the pluses and minuses of retaining older structures, and the desire to maintain green space.
- Preferred design concept
- AHS Preliminary Design Options Pricing
- Superintendent’s announcement about preferred design concept decision
- Ponderings Blog: What factored into the design decision?
- Preferred Schematic Report (PSR) will be submitted on July 11, 2018
- MSBA will meet on August 29, 2018 to review and vote
- Schematic Design phase will begin after MSBA approval of PSR
- Community forums will begin in the fall to collect input regarding design
Tell me more:
What happened before this?
- June 2018 – Community Feedback on Design Options
- April 2018 – Building Committee Chooses 4 Design Concepts
- April 2018 – Eight Preliminary Designs Presented
- see all